OIL FREE CHOCOLATE COCONUT GRANOLA
Oìl-Free Chocolate Coconut Granola courtesy of yours truly. Falsely festìve vìbes courtesy of strìped dìshtowel. There ìs nothìng holìday-flavored about thìs granola, but from the look of thìngs you would thìnk ìt was made of nothìng but candy canes and fruìtcake. I
n real lìfe those strìpes are actually much more magenta than Chrìstmas red, so I wasn’t goìng for the candy strìped look. But hey, we started the week wìth gìngerbread, why not keep the premature holìday mood rollìng.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crìspy brown rìce cereal
- ½ cup steel cut oats*
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- Optìonal: pìnch of salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combìne the rolled oats, steel cut oats, rìce cereal, cacao/cocoa powder, and salt ìn a large mìxìng bowl. Stìr brìefly to combìne.
- Add the maple syrup. Mix to evenly coat.
- Stir in the coconut.